Friday, May 23, 2014

Prayer for Nigeria


While praying for Nigeria this morning, I realized that most of times when I pray, I speak “Spiritual Jargons” such that even when God answers I might not be able to articulate which of the prayers have been answered

This happens a lot these days in Church. The simplicity of prayers have gone so so technical

I began to re phrase my prayers for Nigeria so I decided to share with you some prayer points which might help you also to pray

This is not an absolute though but good enough

  1. Stop the killings dear Lord; Dear father your word says in Exodus 20:13 “You must not murder” . I know that it is not your will that people should be killed for no just cause, yet this happens every day in this land. Please father we ask you to do everything to help stop this killings. Give wisdom, inspiration, direction to Military, The government all the agents that have been and are rising to help to see that these killings are ended. Expose all associations and gatherings in high places that support these killings. 
  2. We need help; Honestly dear father most times we do not pray to you to help us out when we are able to solve our problems, but on this issue facing our country today, we need your help and I know you can help us. One way we know you can is to cause disagreement in the gathering of our enemies. You have done this before so please Lord do it again. We remind you of the story in Genesis 11, tower of Babel. Please my father use that same strategy to cause disagreement in their camps, let them not agree on anything... further more once they do not agree on anything let them help to destroy one another... You have done this before my father in 2 Chronicles 20.. Please do this again. (We might need to follow the strategy of praise procession though.. maybe all the churches should do some sincere active praise turning over the battle to the Lord)

One of the reasons why we need you to cause disagreement in their camp is so that our girls can be freed and brought back home safely


  1. Our Government: I thank God for the present Government but Honestly my dear father I believe we need more from this Government so please father 
    1. Give them wisdom...Isaiah 11:2 “The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD”
    2. Let them realize they need help and let them look for help and let them find help .. send help to them, send people that will be selfless and not be money driven to deliver Nigeria....Psalms 20:2 “May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.”
  2. Heal this Nation: Now God, it is now obvious to us all and to the rest of the world that Nigeria is ill and we need you to heal us. So based on your word in  2Chronicle 7:14...If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land..., help the Your Church to know that You want us to calm down on all our “fun fair” and come before you in total humility, declare days of fast and prayers, help us Christians to stop being wicked and selfish, let your will be our desire 
   
   We have turned ministry into careers, help us to repent, We have become too desperate for church growth, help our pastors and leader oh God to be humble again and  turn us all back to you. 

Help me to seek your face as an individual, Forgive me all my sins and wrong doings oh God and as you have promised hear us from Heaven and come and HEAL NIGERIA!

AMEM

No comments:

Post a Comment